Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Southren Prefection

This is a very very dangerously sinful recipe that I love to make when I need some serious comfort food. I learned the basic recipe from a friend that lived in Texas but then put my own little twists and touch to it. Every time I make these cookies they are pretty much gobbled up instantly!!! Be prepared to do some serious running afterwards though!!!!!



What Ya Need:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (Depends what you like, I like walnuts but my mom loves pecans) 
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups uncooked rolled oats
1 teaspoon vanilla

How to do it:

1) First you want to preheat your oven to 350 and get together your ingredients!!!! duh!!!!
2)Start by combining your sugars and shortening until it is a creamy mixture. Then add in your eggs and vanilla.
3) In a second bowl combine your flour, salt and baking soda. Add this second mixture to your first one and mix until completely combined.
4)Once the mixture is combined then add in your oats, chocolate chips and nuts and once again combine!!!! Then drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
5)Place baking sheet in oven and cook for about 12 minutes....Then presto!!!! Yummy hip widening drops of goodness!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment